Changwon is rising to the challenge to become a world-class city
- A well-planned city!
- Changwon’s strong industrial foundation and urban infrastructure, Masan’s cultural value as a sacred home of the democratic movement and naval port city, Jinhae’s abundant development factors and beautiful oceanic leisure resources-by combining and developing the merits of the three cities harmoniously, Unified Changwon City is taking on the apppearance of a world-class city day by day.
Changwon is growing as an international city which will lead the world.
- By joining 14 international organizations, participating in the common development of global cities and further strengthening global urban marketing, Changwon is leading change in the international urban environment.
Masterpiece city facing greater challenges
- Changwon used to be one of the best cities in Korea and is now taking on the appearance of an international city.
- With its experience as the host of the Ramsar Convention, and its status as the host country of the 2012 IAEC World Convention, Changwon is currently working with 14 different international organizations, and serving as an international committee member of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), the largest international organization after the UN, participated in by some 2,000 local governments around the world.
- With its invitation to othe International Association of Educating Cities (IAEC) held in San Paolo, Brazil, as well as to the Mayor’s Conference on Self-governing Organizations’ Protection Measures for Biological Diversity held in Bonn, Germany, Changwon presented its educational and environmental policies and its mayor was selected as one of the World’s 50 Best Mayors by the Mayor of London, England, as a result of its active participation in international activities.
Masan, a sacred home of the democratization movement and the tigger of the 03.15 anti-government movement in Korea
- Masan is fast becoming a renaissance city blessed with culture.
- With its concentration of robotics and IT technology companies, Masan is building a new growth engine infrastructure.
- In order to be born again as a people-friendly city, it has launched a cultural renaissance movement and is creating a waterfront at Masan Bay and promoting urban regeneration projects.
Jinhae, a hothouse of development resources
- Jinhae is developing itself as a hub of the oceanic tourism leisure industry by securing an ocean infrastructure blessed with originality rather than contenting itself with the status of an ocean tourism city.
- With its new port and Free Economic Zone, Jinhae will be developed as a “free city” where international business activities can be conducted conveniently.
Changwon, a well-designed city of great dignity
- Centering on Changwon Boulevard, which is densely packed with 300 private companies’ subsidiary research institutes and various national project research agencies, Changwon City is constructing an R&D Belt in the southeastern area of the city, estavlishing a Korean-style Silicon Valley and renovating its downtown area as part of its planned transformation into a world-class Smart City.